Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TED Book Club Selection - Spark

Spark: How Creativity Works by Julie Burstein consists of a collection of anecdotes about creative people.  Despite the subtitle claiming it will explain how creativity works, I'm afraid I didn't find any great insights over the handful of stories I read.  It's true I haven't read the whole book, but I don't think I will.

Spark is the first book I've received through the TED Book Club that I've put down after starting the book.  I guess it proves that even the most wonderful selector, who has consistently selected books that I've loved, doesn't resonate with choices 100% of the time.  Heck, some people have even told me they can contain their enthusiasm about Makioka Sisters, which I talked up in a previous blog!

No stars for this one.

No comments: